Publisher: Bulldog Press on June 10, 2014
Genres: New Adult, Romance, Suspense
Pages: Novel Length
Source: Blog Tour
Add to: Goodreads
Luke Fletcher asks himself one simple question. Is she worth dying for?
His answer is yes.
When Hannah Walker rolls into her new town on fumes, she doesn’t expect her past to catch up to her so quickly. But the moment her card is declined for a lousy cup of coffee, she realizes nowhere is safe, and her life on the run has just gotten more complex.
Luke Fletcher has made it his mission in life to protect. When he meets Hannah Walker, she makes it clear that his services aren’t needed and neither is he, but there’s something in her eyes that tells another story. Once he begins investigating the woman with many names, he realizes one thing is clear. Whoever, she’s running from won’t stop until she’s dead.
Determined to gain Hannah’s trust and break down her walls, Luke begins to share his own history, but where that leads could cost them more than their hearts as the sins of others threatens to destroy them both.
At A Glance
A middle of road book.
Let’s bullet point it out!
- I was hooked from the beginning!
- I loved the characters.
- Hannah was so soft and loving. Her gentle but determined nature made me respect her.
- Luke was protective and caring. I would feel safe with him any day! Mostly. lol
- I loved the plot and concept. I would be scared out of my mind if I was in Hannah’s position, but she handles it well. Hearing about her old life and community gave me the CREEPS! The investigation of the nefarious activates of Hannah’s old community was done well.
- Some good suspense, some good side characters, and some good twists.
- Ugh, insta-love. They just couldn’t stop falling in love with each other from first site. Gag me! Luke even took it too far by pretty much stalking Hannah, but I guess we are just suppose to think, “Awww, he’s just protecting her.”
- You would think with insta-love, the romance would be fast-paced. Nope, that took FOREVER. It was 80% in before they ever got intimate and it was so lackluster, I had to read the page again to make sure that was really it. I expected more romance and steam from a romance book, even a suspense romance book. But, hey, it works for people who don’t want much steam in these type of books.
- About halfway through, I started getting a little bored. Things were progressing too slowly. The waiting around stuff was bleh.
- There is some resolution at the end, but mostly, I was left with a lot of questions. I guess it makes sense for a series, but I wanted a little more closure.
- Do not read this book for the snuggly. There is one love scene and I HATED it. I felt nothing while reading it. No steam, just a whole bunch of kissing, more kissing, then all of a sudden they were done. Kind of like having way too long foreplay with no climax.
I did enjoy most of the book. I am happy I read it. However, I won’t continue the series. Not enough was there for me to fall in love with Hidden Sins. But I think others will like it. Somewhat recommended.
“I slowly slid down the door to the floor as the footsteps came closer. I looked into the shadows and waited for what was to come.
They had found me.”
“‘Is it bad that that we’re dorks?’
‘Not as long as we’re both in it together.'”
“His last words repeated over and over again in my mind, as if I needed a reminder of the hell that had become my life.
‘You can run, but you can’t hide.'”
This is a Tour Wide Giveaway