Publisher: Self-Published on July 1, 2014
Genres: Adult, Paranormal Romance
Source: Review Request
Add to: Goodreads
Next in line to lead the vampire species, Princess Naya Kensington has always abided by her royal responsibilities. At the urging of her best friend, Naya breaks the rules and crosses the line when she goes to a human nightclub. Following a chance encounter, Naya alters her life with a singular act forged from lust and blood.
Vaughn Llewelyn has secrets and obligations of his own, but he ignores them when he spots Naya across the nightclub. He wants her in a way he’s never felt before, and although he can’t possibly have more than one night with Naya, he knows no one else will do.
One night of forbidden love creates a bond that will forever change both of their lives…as well as their worlds.
At A Glance
Both interesting and boring.
Let’s bullet point it out!
– I loved the supernatural creatures and how they felt different from the ones in other books I have read. They were somewhat normal people (also leaders to their people) who just happen to be vampires or shapeshifters. It was a nice change-up.
– I liked all the characters. Some were funny, some kind, some aggressive, some straight up mean. No cookie-cutter characterization, each one had a different personality.
– Naya and Vaughn had a cute and passionate relationship. It was a little fast, but I didn’t mind. They had ups and downs but they let crazy love guide them. Naya is sweet, gentle, and curious. Vaughn is strong, forward, and exciting. They meshed together well.
Even though the ending was annoying in some ways, it still made me want to continue this series. Crazy, right?
– There were too many POVs for a paranormal romance. I wanted to focus on the couple.
– There was a lot of down time for the characters, which had me a bit bored. I kept waiting for something big to happen.
– The book ended right when the story was getting interesting. There was only action near the end and no big drama until the end. Made the story feel unfinished.
– Hot sex! Yeah, baby, yeah!
I probably won’t continue this series but I still enjoyed the story overall. Happy I gave it a try. Somewhat recommended.
He looked her up and down, appreciating her little black dress and the curves it revealed, not bothering to hide his desire. He grunted. “Damn, I can’t wait to get inside.”
She ogled his mouth, her eyes going half-mast, as her tongue darted out in an unconscious response. “The apartment?” she asked dazedly.
“No.” He shook his head. “You.”