Publisher: Evernight Teen on April 7, 2015
Genres: Dystopia, Sci-Fi, Young Adult
Add to: Goodreads
A thrilling, futuristic sci-fi novel set in a unique and thought-provoking world, from author Shannon Duffy.
Desiree Six (because she was born on a Friday) believes in everything the Protectorate stands for. She likes the safety and security of having her entire life planned out—her career, her mate, even the date of her death. She doesn't even think to question when Darien, her childhood friend and neighbor, is convicted of murdering his parents. They had seemed like such a loving family. But if he was convicted, then he must have done it.
Then Darien shows up in her room late one night. He has escaped from the Terrorscape—a nightmare machine used to punish all Noncompliants—and needs Desiree's help. What he tells her rocks her world to its core and makes her doubt everything she's ever been told. With this new information, will Desiree and Darien be able to escape the Protectorate before it's too late?
by Shannon Duffy
In Awakening, the Terrorscape is all about being forced to live through your worst nightmare. Top ten things that scare me the most:
1. Clowns. I’m definitely with Desiree and saying creepy clowns.
2. Being trapped in a burning building.
4. Flesh eating zombies—cause they’re real, right?
5. Large spiders and snakes.
6. Being locked in the dark alone and not knowing where I am.
7. Evil ghosts.
8. Being lost and alone in a creepy corn maze.
9. Being buried alive.
10. Being stranded in the ocean and a shark is swimming close by.
What freaks you out the most? Biggest fear? Do you think you could survive 7 days in the Terrorscape? Take the quiz and find out.
This is a Tour Wide Giveaway.