Welcome to the Shattering Halos Blog Tour. Angel books and me don’t always see eye to eye, but I thought Shattering Halos looked pretty damn good. Check out the awesome guest post below and don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the end.
Shattering Halos by Sunniva Dee
Publication date: February 24th 2014
Genres: New Adult, Paranormal
Find It: Goodreads | Amazon
SummaryI traded my death for love. I wasn’t given a choice. His decision has caught up with us, so now I am a living, breathing catalyst to war between Heaven and Hell.
The violations he committed saved my life. Since the collision, he’s appeared everywhere. In my hospital room, my school, even my house. He shows up in my paintings, my drawings, in all of my art projects. I can’t stop thinking about him.
He says his name is Gabriel, and he doesn’t understand what’s happening to him. He doesn’t know how I can see him or why he wants me in ways that should be impossible for a Celestial.
My obsession grows. I need him to hold me, kiss me—give all of himself. For every day he protects me, the consequences loom darker and taller. Soon, they’ll crash down on us.
The war is about to begin.
The Top Five Authors Who Inspire Me
by Sunniva Dee
Thanks for having me today!
Being an author within the New Adult and Fantasy genres, some of my choices of awesome, inspiring writers might not come as a shock to you:
– From the fantasy side, I have one big inspiration: Laini Taylor. She wrote When Lips Touch: Three Times—one of the most beautiful collection of stories ever written in my opinion. Her talent for storytelling mixed with absolutely exquisite descriptions blow my mind every time. Other gorgeous reads by her are Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight, as well as Dreams of Gods and Monsters. I mean—just the titles tell you the kind of author she is.
– Cheryl McIntyre: this is one of my all-time favorite New Adult authors. She has a plethora of books on her resume after only a few years in the business. Every book she’s written I’d rate with an A+, and yet she only keeps getting better. Her latest, the serial Dirty, still gives me goose bumps with the mixture of deep, heart-wrenching, passionate character portrayals and unpredictable storyline; despite the protagonists’ crazy situation, Cheryl moves the story forward so effortlessly that every twist is utterly relatable. If you enjoy New Adult reads, you will NOT want to miss out on her books.
– SC Stephens: if you’re not sure what I mean when I say that SC is the boss of Kellan Kyle, then you’re missing out. The flawed, sexy-as-hell character she describes in her Thoughtless series, and the awesome anti-heroine Kiera has made me do something I hardly ever do: re-read a book. Twice!!! Yes, SC inspires me to write books that can make your heart race.
– Isabel Allende: I read a lot of Isabel’s books while I did my Master’s degree in Spanish. She writes magical realism, and one of my favorites is The House of the Spirits. She never disappoints with her intricate stories and flowing, effortless language.
– Ronlyn Domingue: A decade ago, I read one single novel of this author. It was her debut novel, and her take on ghosts in The Mercy of Thin Air—an ethereal love story I’d never dream up myself—still has me thinking about it. Yes, Ronlyn is well known by now, but I still don’t think enough readers have discovered her. If you have a romantic nature me and are intrigued by the supernatural, don’t miss out on this book.
Author BioI write New Adult fiction with a paranormal twist and don’t shy away from romance and heart-wrenching passion when necessary.
I moved from Norway to the United States in 2001, and the first awesome five years I spent in the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles. Then I read “The Book,” aka Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, which spurred my husband and me to move cross country to beautiful Savannah, Georgia.
I’m currently on my seventh year in the Deep South, where I enjoy the heat and the humidity. Besides writing, I spend my time with our “petting zoo” as in an opinionated parrot, a herd of cats that are experts on keyboard shortcuts, and puppies that…uh, bark.
I hold a Master’s degree in languages, with concentrations within literature and linguistics. I taught at college level for a decade before settling in as a graduate adviser at the Savannah College of Art and Design.
Writing is my passion, my joy, and my addiction. When I’m not writing, I read.
Shattering Halos is my debut novel, and its standalone sequel, Stargazer, is due out later this year.
Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook
This is a Tour We Giveaway