Hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner.
2014 Reading Statistics
Number Of Books You Read: I’ve read about 170 books, but haven’t reviewed all of them yet.
Number of Re-Reads: Only 4 rereads this year.
Genre You Read The Most From: New Adult Contemporary Romance. Which is funny because I started blogging because I love paranormal books so much.
Best in Books
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Master Over You by Ethan Winters. That book mindfucked me to the extreme.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews. But not just the book. I always push the Kate Daniels series when I review one of the books. It’s my fav series of all time.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
These authors are new to me but not necessarily new to the scene: Emma Chase and Amy Engel.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t read books from genres I don’t like, but Master Over You by Ethan Winters did take me a bit out of my comfort zone.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Same answer as my fav books of the year, Magic Breaks and Black Widow.
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Probably Magic Breaks. I read all Ilona Andrews books over and over again.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge and Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Drew Evans from Tangled by Evan Chase. That cocky bastard is awesome!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. Mafi is one of the best writers out there. Every sentence kills and enlivens you at the same time.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Bared to You by Sylvia Day and Tangled by Emma Chase.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
I was really bad about keeping quotes on goodreads this year so all I can share is this funny one that I laughed my ass off with:
“I want a new liver to replace my heart.”
“Because then I could drink more and care less.”
― L.A. Casey, Alec
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Again, Master Over You. That book was messed up!
18. OTP (one true pairing) OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Nadia and Jack from the Nadia Stafford series by Kelley Armstrong. I chose them because they FINALLY got together in the last book, Wild Justice. It took forever but the wait was worth it. But, obviously, Kate and Curran from the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews are my fav couple of all time.
Honestly, I don’t know, so I am just going to say Gin and Finn (like brother and sister) from the Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Again, Magic Breaks and Black Widow.
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Tangled and Bared to You.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Easy, Drew Evans from Tangled. I want to love him, I want to be him, I want to lick him!
The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
When it comes to most vivid setting, Stolen Songbird by Danielle Jensen came to mind.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
I couldn’t help but grin while I read Tangled and The Foul Mouth and the Headless Hunny by Richard Raley.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Since I just finished the series with Wild Justice, I would say the Nadia Stafford series by Kelley Armstrong is a huge hidden gem that not many have read. Obviously, with it having assassins, I was going to fall in love, but this series has so much more. Though I haven’t reviewed the first two books of the series, I can tell you I would give them 6 and 5 stars.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Creators by Tiffany Truitt. I hate books and series that end that way. Such bullshit!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
The Foul Mouth and the Headless Hunny by Richard Raley. The whole series is unique.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Talker 25 by Joshua McCune because of non-stop dragon torture.
My Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
Christy’s Love of Books. I think I discovered Christy in 2014, not sure though. But she is amazing and we love a lot of the same books.
Master Over You by Ethan Winters because my brain was so fucked up after that book that my review got crazy. It was fun.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I really liked one of my discussion posts: Bookish Blatherings #11: Writing Negative Reviews. It got a lot of people talking.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I always feel so lucky when Chloe Neill chooses me to be on her blog tour for the Chicagoland Vampires series.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Getting my blog switched over to WordPress and getting a new design by the lovely Ashley from Nose Graze.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My 3rd Year Blogoversary post with 85 comments.
My review of The Replacement by Rachael Wade. I got very little views and comments and I don’t know why. It was a 4.5 star review.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Umm, I guess just new book blogs to follow.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I hate reading challenges, so I only did the Goodreads reading challenge to read at least 125 books for 2014, which I accomplished.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews and the last two books of the Hollows series by Kim Harrison.
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and Magic Shifts by Kate Daniels.
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
I think because it was so recent, I am dying for the sequel to The Book of Ivy already which isn’t coming out until November 2015. Ugh!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Finish up a lot of series that are complete but I haven’t been able to get too.